First, we will define the people framed in Generation Z (also called Postmillennial, Centennial, Millennials, or Generation K) as those born between the end of the 20th century and the beginning of the 21st century, thus supplying the previous generation. Generation, the so-called Millennials, is characterized by being a generation that has used the Internet since a very young age. Therefore, technology is part of their lives, efficiently developing social networks to interact, buy, consume information, and even look for work.
Other Types of No Less Essential Characteristics Define Generation Z, Such As:
- They learn to handle themselves through the RRSS.
- They can use multiple screens at once.
- They receive immediate answers, usually having little patience.
- They live in creative environments, always looking for flexibility.
- They are entrepreneurs.
- They have information overload around them.
- Content creators.
- His best way of communicating is the image, more than the text.
- They are involved in volunteering.
Marketing Strategies to Attract Generation Z to Social Media
- Clear, concise, simple, and agile language: the style that is offered on social networks will have to be fresh, creative, and above all innovative, having a motto that captures the person.
- The format will be visual and audiovisual: The percentage in which generation Z consumes online videos is 91%. The contents will be attractive, for example, gifs, short videos, tutorials, etc.
- Presence in the most appropriate social networks for this user profile: Social trends will be analyzed in terms of the networks used. These networks will be tik tok, youtube, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. Therefore, how they use social networks, how they relate, the content that attracts young people, etc.
- The interactivity of the communities: promote the participation of generation Z in the RRSS with content generated by the users themselves.
- Capturing the moment: stories and other formats with an expiration date promoted by Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook encourage immediacy. Therefore, companies must work hard on the type of content, moment, and message.
- Original content: Interaction, attraction, and loyalty of generation Z in range broadcast live. Without having to make any investment, you can offer the public a good product promotion. With all this, this generation is offered closeness and trust.
- Advertising with a high segmentation: by age, postal code, level of study, interests… such as the RSS of Facebook ads, Instagram Ads, Pinterest Ads, Linkedin Ads, etc.
- Influencer marketing: giving these to the product, conversation, traffic to the web, image, or visibility, among others, taking into account the brand’s values.
- Audience segmentation depends on the interests of the brand.
- Mobile-First Strategy: prioritize the optimization of the website for mobiles.
- Sweepstakes and contests: they help to obtain information about our potential clients.
In short, to get closer to Generation Z, we must adapt the message, language, channel, and format and not let go of the trends reflected in the RRSS. For this, we must take into account the objective of the campaign and have great creativity and ingenuity that attracts people who are part of Generation Z.