Like other functions within a company, digitalization has upset old practices, professional habits, and the mode of communication between employees and even the entire HR process of a company.
Here are some improvements that digitalization brings to the HR function:
Improvement Of The Recruitment Process And Talent Management
Recruiting new employees is a long and costly process. Thanks to digitalization, it is easier to find the right profile for a job using social networks or other digital platforms. No more publishing ads in paper format to give way to artificial intelligence. HR departments are now equipped with automatic and powerful tools for:
- Team performance management.
- Regular supervision and management of tests carried out by employees.
- Management of annual interviews.
- Use and analyze data (Big Data system) using customized software.
Today, thanks to tools developed by start-ups, delayed videos allow recruiters to record the questions that the candidate will have to answer via video.
Improving The Relationship With Employees
The digitization of the HR function has enabled managers and employees to have direct access to their files and the HR management process, such as payroll information (depending on their quality of access), leave requests, leave of absence, social contracts… On the employee side, digitalization allows them to be actors in their professional life. They will now be able to:
- Consult their pay slip via a secure interface
- Enter their leave themselves
- Receive notifications on social laws, availability of training…
Digitization has enabled companies to set up:
- An individualized and personalized relationship;
- A new way of training and supporting internally: e-learning which facilitates access to knowledge.
This new form of training is beneficial for both the company and the employees:
- For companies: less expensive because there are no more costs related to the intervention of trainers, nor travel costs for training;
- For employees: a wide possibility of choosing the training to follow, of managing the training time concerning their tasks with the company.
Optimization Of The HR Function
With the help of appropriate IT solutions, digitalization leads to:
- Automation of most HR tasks.
- Reduction of the risk of error.
- Improving the work process.
- Improvement of the added value of Human Resources.
New IT tools have made it possible to automate information in real-time. This makes the company more responsive and visible, hence better managing HR projects. Formerly focused in the accounting field, business intelligence allows companies to exploit data to facilitate decision-making by considering old data and the future perspective.
On the HRD side, the objective of optimizing the HR strategy is to:
- Focus on the efficiency of the HR process
- Promote the motivation of each employee
- Optimize workforce
- Consider appropriate compensation.
Time-Saving And Progressive Dematerialization Of The HR Function
Saving time, progressing in the dematerialization of the HR function, etc., are among the main objectives of digitalization.
- The data can be viewed online (leave balance, CPF information, internal notes, etc.)
- Administrative work is reduced.
- Gradual computerization of the HR function.
- Reduction in the use of paper (ecological gesture): no more printing of payslips, for example…
- Reduction of expenses related to these old practices.
Also Read: How The People Of HR department Works